Recipe of the Month
Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coarse cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 pound of uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 5 oz freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and black pepper
- garlic powder
Pat chicken breasts dry and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Heat olive oil over high heat and quickly sear chicken breasts on both sides.
Add chicken breasts,sausage, heavy cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, cajun seasoning and several turns of freshly ground black pepper to slow cooker.
Cook on low for about 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours, until chicken has reached 165 degrees.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside to cool and slice.
Stir in 1/2 cup of hot water and uncooked penne pasta, cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes. Just until pasta is tender.
Once pasta is tender, stir in parmesan cheese, sliced chicken and additional salt and black pepper to taste
PREP TIME 15 MIN | COOK TIME 4.5 HRS | SERVINGS 8
Seasonal Outdoor Tips
- Cool-season grasses should be mowed at 3″- 4″ during the summer, or as high as your blade will go, while warm-season grasses should be mowed at 2″-3″.
- Mulching grass clippings help keep moisture levels steady.
- Mow regularly, to prevent cutting more than 1/3 of the grass blade at a time.